Crooked, uneven teeth can not only decrease your self-esteem, but can increase your risk for decay and other oral health concerns. Many patients, however, may not wish to undergo a conspicuous, lengthy treatment with traditional orthodontics that require wires, brackets, and bands. MTM® Clear•Aligners can be a great option if you have mild misalignment and want straighter teeth without the hassle of braces. Dr. Craig Miller and his team provide convenient, quick MTM® Clear•Aligner treatment at their Livingston, New Jersey, practice.
Candidates for MTM® Clear•Aligners
MTM stands for “minor tooth movement” because the treatment primarily addresses minor cosmetic concerns. Our team will provide a thorough exam and can make recommendations based on your cosmetic goals. MTM® Clear•Aligners may be a good option if you struggle with slight or moderate dental misalignment and orthodontic issues including:
- Small gaps between your teeth
- Minor crowding
- Mildly tipped or rotated teeth
- Midline discrepancy (misaligned front teeth)
The treatment is appropriate for teens as well as adults, but patients must have all permanent molars fully erupted to undergo treatment.
MTM® Clear•Aligners are not appropriate if you have severely misaligned teeth or serious bite issues. Additionally, the treatment cannot address malocclusion, such as an overbite or underbite.
How MTM® Clear•Aligners Work
MTM® Clear•Aligners are a cosmetic treatment that uses a series of clear, plastic trays. Each tray is shaped slightly differently to exert pressure on specific points of your teeth, gently shifting them. You must wear the trays all day, removing them only for meals and for dental care. Every two to three weeks you will move on to the next tray in the series, further shifting your teeth into the desired position. Overall treatment typically takes about three to six months. After treatment you will wear a retainer to prevent your teeth from shifting back into their previous positions.
Because MTM® Clear•Aligners only address cosmetic issues, you can typically achieve your desired effects very quickly. Most patients will complete their treatment in less than six months.
The Benefits of the MTM® Clear•Aligners
The Miller Center is proud to offer innovative and advanced treatments for patients to achieve teeth alignment and other esthetic goals. There are a number of reasons to consider undergoing treatment with MTM® Clear•Aligners, such as:
- Subtlety: The aligners are made from proprietary plastics, so they will be virtually invisible. You will not have to worry about the appearance of metal brackets and wires.
- Convenience: You will be able to remove the aligner trays to eat. Unlike patients with traditional braces, you will be able to eat a full diet with few dietary restrictions, if any.
- Easier dental hygiene: Because you can remove the aligners, it will also be easier to brush and floss your teeth.
- Comfort: MTM® Clear•Aligners have a smooth surface that will not irritate your lips or other soft tissues. These trays also place less pressure on your teeth than braces, decreasing discomfort during treatment.
- Accelerated treatment time: Because MTM® Clear•Aligners only address cosmetic issues, you can typically achieve your desired effects very quickly. Most patients will complete their treatment in less than six months.
- Effectiveness: Most importantly, MTM® Clear•Aligners work. This treatment can be combined with a smile makeover or performed alone, allowing you to enjoy a straighter smile that enhances your overall appearance.
Transform Your Smile Today
Do not let uneven or crooked teeth hold your smile back any longer. To learn more about the benefits of MTM® Clear•Aligners and to find out if they are right for you,contact our office today.